The North Carolina Early Education Coalition works to ensure that all children have access to high-quality early care and learning experiences.
Since 1990, we have highlighted the proven power of quality early childhood education by sharing information and resources with parents, professionals and policymakers.
The Coalition is the only statewide advocacy coalition dedicated to promoting high quality, accessible and affordable child care in North Carolina. Our membership includes statewide organizations, regional and local child care agencies, child care providers and individuals committed to improving the quality of child care and early childhood education in North Carolina.
We are also a proud partner in the national ZERO TO THREE Think Babies™ campaign and in the Pritzker Children’s Initiative’s National Collaborative for Infants and Toddlers.
We accomplish our mission of advocacy and education by:
- Developing policy positions shared with elected officials.
- Researching and producing fact sheets for our members, policymakers and the media.
- Providing training and resources on critical early education issues.
- Engaging early childhood policy staff and a full-time lobbying team at the NC General Assembly.
- Creating advocacy alerts to mobilize our members to action on early education issues.
- Collaborating with national and state early childhood organizations and other partners to advance policies to support young children and their families.
For general questions:
For membership questions:
Think Babies™ NC Project Manager
Infant/Toddler Policy Coordinator
Infant/Toddler Education & Advocacy Coordinator